17 лют. 2020 р.

GOD SAVE LESYA. POEMS ON ENGLISH

Mavka
Ah, for that body do not sigh!
‘Tis now infused and glows with fire divine,
As clear and bright and glittering as good wine
Whose life in sparkling bubbles mounts on high.
Naught but an airy pinch of dust
Remains to mingle with the earth below.
Beside these waters shall a willow grow,
My end give life to something more robust.
And to me here shall many seek,
Both rich and poor, the joyful and the sad.
Their grieves I’ll mourn, their joys shall make me glad –
To every one my soul shall gently speak.
And I shall find some word for all:
The quiet murmur of my rustling leaves;
The willow pipe that tender music breathes;
The melancholy dews that from my branches fall.
I’ll give them back in mystic speech
All those dear tender songs you used to sing,
The tunes you played for me in that lost spring –
O play again, beloved, I beseech!https://vonagovoryt.wordpress.com/2017/05/08/god-save-lesya-poems-on-english/https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=xBncZwyL2iI&feature=emb_logo

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Примітка: лише член цього блогу може опублікувати коментар.